As we examine the vastness of space or the intricacies of our human body, all of these pale in comparison with the awesomeness of having a relationship with our Creator. The way we experience that wonderful relationship is through prayer.
Prayer Demystified begins by looking at prayer and asking why do we pray. We examine the idea that rather than always talking to God, prayer should really be talking with Him. After all… wouldn’t it seem strange if we only talked to a spouse or close friend and never listened for a response? Yet that is what so many of us do when we pray.
Prayer is examined from two different viewpoints including:
- First we examine the relational aspect of prayer where we talk with God as our Heavenly Father, just as we talk and listen with a family member or spouse.
- The second viewpoint is the request-aspect of prayer where we come to God and ask Him to meet the needs of our daily life as well as any major needs we may have.
The book then looks at the various questions people have about how to pray including:
- Understanding the nature and character of God – i.e. why can we trust Him?
- The difference between the spiritual world and the natural world we live in.
- How we approach God in prayer.
- Why doesn’t God just take care of my problems?
- The difference between Faith and Hope.
- Speaking the Word over our lives.
- Hearing God.
- Getting earthly help, and
- When do we receive the answer to our prayers
The book provides word pictures and stories to make these ideas practical and simple to understand and each chapter is full of scriptures. Prayer examples of how to pray for your family, for healing and for our nation are also provided.
Finally, the last 50+ pages are full of scriptures that are organized by subject making it easy to speak the Word over specific areas of our lives. Subjects include:
- Building your Faith
- Peach and Trust
- Meditating on the Word
- Prayer and Faith
- Protection from Danger
- Freedom from Fear
- God’s Goodness
For thousands of years, people have said that God is “unknowable and unpredictable” meaning that “He does what He wants,” and “why should I try to understand Him?”
Yet, when we study Scripture, we get a completely different picture of whom God is. We have a loving Heavenly Father who jealously yearns to have a personal one-on-one relationship with mankind and cares deeply about every aspect of our life.
Prayer demystified lays out the principles of prayer in easy to understand ideas with the goal that dynamic and power-filled prayer will become a part of your daily life.
The storms of life will come, but by developing your prayer life and confidence in the Word of God, you will be prepared to prevail.
About the Author
Chuck Strohm, a graduate of Oral Roberts University, Electronics & Software Engineer, Entrepreneur and Oklahoma State Representative has been a student of the Word for more than 35 years. After a life-changing event more than 20 years ago, Chuck began devoting a significant amount of time to study and prayer, the result of which brought the truths in these pages to light.
Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: Word & Spirit Publishing (March 15, 2015)
Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.4 x 0.4 inches
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The principles in this book have literally changed my personal walk with God by explaining the power of our words and the authority of the believer. God is Good and there is no other way to a relationship with Him other than through Jesus Christ!